V/A - Kinshasa 1978 [vinyl LP+CD]
- Add feedback:
- Manufacturer: Crammed Discs
- Net Price: 64.23 zł 79.00 zł
Back in 1978, Bernard Treton recorded four 'tradi-modern' bands in Kinshasa. These sessions spawned the "Zaïre: Musiques Urbaines à Kinshasa" album (released in 1986 by the Ocora label), a record which, for the first time, presented to Western audiences the electrifying music which was later to be known as "Congotronics".
This new, twofold album comprises 80 minutes worth of previously-unreleased original recordings made during these 1978 sessions, as well as brand-new reconstructions made by Martin Meissonnier, the highly-respected French producer who worked with the likes of Fela Kuti, Haruomi Hosono & many more, and who has recently resumed his DJ activities.
The album comes as a vinyl LP with the Martin Meissonnier reconstructions, while the previously-unreleased recordings from 1978 appear on a CD which is enclosed in the vinyl cover.
1. Sankayi - Il ne faut pas intervenir (Martin Meissonnier reconstruction) 15:47
2. Konono N°1 - Roots of K (Martin Meissonnier reconstruction) 06:20
3. Orchestre Bambala - Animation Kifuti (Martin Meissonnier reconstruction) 07:28
4. Orchestre Bana Luya - Animation (Martin Meissonnier remix) 15:33
1. Konono N°1 - Kin 78 One 28:05
2. Orchestre Bana Luya - Kin 78 Two 15:03
3. Orchestre Bambala - Kin 78 Three 12:05
4. Sankayi - Kin 78 Four 22:24